This is a very easy to make snack recipe and a excellent combo with hot tea.
- Gram flour – 1 cup
- Onion – 2 sliced
- Chilly powder – 1 to 2 tspn (according to your spice tolerence)
- Asefoetida – 1/4 tspn
- Salt as required
- Water – 1/2 to 3/4 cup
- Mix together gram flour, chilly powder, asefoetida poder and salt. Sieve it to get a uniform mix
- Add water little by little to make the batter. The batter should be of thick consistency so that it coats the onions
- Add the sliced onions to the batter
- Heat oil in a kadai at medium low flame.
- Take a big spoonful of onion batter and deep fry in oil. When one side is golden brown, flip the vada and fry the other side. It takes almost 3 minutes for one side, Enjoy these hot ullivadas with a hot cup of tea.