Ripe Banana/Nenthrappazham – 1
Wheat flour – 3 tspn
Rice flour – 1 tspn
Maida(All purpose flour) – 1 tspn
A pinch of salt
Sugar – 3 tspn
Coconut oil or any refined oil
- Cut the banana into lengthwise pieces. You can cut innovatively in any shape for a variety.
- Mix all the ingredients. Add a little water to make a smooth batter without lumps. The consistency of the batter should be a little thicker than idli batter so that it will coat the banana pieces well.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan. Dip the banana pieces in the batter and fry in oil. You can either shallow fry or deep fry the banana pieces on a medium low flame.
- To avoid lumps when adding water to the batter always mix in one direction.
- You can either use all purpose flour instead of wheat flour.