A very healthy breakfast recipe and we make it once in a week for sure.
- Onion – 1 medium sized chopped
- Oats – 1 cup
- Ginger – 1 tspn finely chopped
- Green chilly – 2 slit
- Curry leaves – 4-5
- Carrots – 1/4 cup chopped
- French beans – 1/4 cup chopped
- Green pease frozen – 1/4 cup
- Cashews – 8 -10
- Chana dal – 1 tspn
- Urad dal – 1 tspn
- Mustard seeds – 1 tspn
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tspn
- Coriander leaves – 2 tblspn chopped
- Ghee/ Oil – 1 tblspn
- Salt as required
- Add 1 tspn oil in a kadai. Add oats and mix it until it is crisp and slightly roasted. No need to change colour.Transfer to a plate and keep it aside.
- In the same kadai, add 1 tblspn oil. Splutter mustard seeds followed by cumin seeds.
- Next add chana dal, urad dal and cashews and roast it until the cashews are slightly browned.
- Next add chopped onions and saute until they are translucent.
- Next add ginger, green chilly and curry leaves and saute until its raw smell goes.
- Next add the chopped vegetables (carrots & beans) and frozen green peas.Add salt.
- At 1 cup water and cover and cook until the veggies are done.
- Open the lid and add the roasted oats. Mix well and keep covered on a low flame for 3-4 mins. Oats stick to the bottom of the vessel quickly so keep on a very low flame and stir intermittently. If you feel the oats are dry, sprinkle a little more water and cook.
- Add chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve the oats upma with a drizzle of lime..Have it hot hot!
Recipe courtesy : vegrecipesofindia