- Mushrooms – 250 grams sliced
- Coconut titbits – 2 tblspn
- Shallots – 10 nos (crushed in a mortar and pestle)
- Green chilly – 2 nos (crushed in a mortar and pestle)
- Curry leaves – 1 spring
- Pepper powder – 1/4 tspn
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tspn
- Garam masala – half tspn
- Coriander powder – half tspn
- Oil – 1 tblspn
- Salt as required
- Cook sliced mushrooms adding salt and turmeric powder. no need to add water as water will ooze out from the mushrooms. Cook until all water content has evoparated.
- Heat oil in a pan and add coconut titbits, shallots, green chillies and curry leaves. Saute for 5 -6 minutes and add pepper powder,coriander powder and garam masala. Saute until the raw smell is gone.
- Add the cooked mushrooms to this and combine with the masalas and stir fry. Optionally add a tspn of oil at the end and mix it.
Recipe courtesy : Lunchbox vibhavangal by Maya Akhil (Recipe book)