Ever thought of having mouth watering tandoori chicken at home without using a tandoor…Here I present an easy to make tandoori chicken..Give it a try once..you will surely love it..
- Chicken – half kg cut into medium size pieces
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tspn
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tspn
- Red chilly powder – 4 tspn (you can substitute with kashmiri chilly powder, if you don’t want it to be too spicy, then take 2 tspn red chilly powder + 2 tspn kashmiri chilly powder)
- Yogurt – 100 gm.
- Salt – as required
- Oil – for pan frying preferrably vegetable oil
- Butter – 10 gm
- Marinate the chicken pieces with ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chilly powder, yogurt and salt and keep refrigerated for atleast an hour. The longer we keep it marinated the tastier it would be. I kept it for almost 6 hours.
- Heat oil in a wide pan , add butter to it. Shallow fry the chicken pieces on a low flame. Each side will take almost 8-9 minutes.
- Transfer the fried chicken pieces to a glass bowl.
- Keep a small steel tumbler inside the glass bowl in between the fried chicken. Burn a charcoal piece until red hot. Keep the red hot coal inside the tumbler. Pour a tspn of oil over the coal. It will start smoking. Close the bowl with a lid and wait for exact one and a half minute. After that open the lid and the yummy yummy tandoori chicken is ready to serve with the smoky flavour of the tandoor.
- Keeping the flame on low is very important otherwise the chicken pieces will not be cooked inside.