- Cauliflower – 1 small about 150 gms sliced into small florets
- Salt as required
- Oil – 1 tblspn
- Mustard seeds – 1/4 tspn
- Dry red chillies – 1
- Shallots – 4 -5 sliced
- Green chillies – 2 sliced
- Pepper crushed – 1/2 tspn
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tspn
- Curry leaves – a spring
- Grated coconut – 3 tblspns
- Blanch the cauliflower florets first in hot water followed by cold water.
- Heat oil in a pan, splutter mustard seeds, followed by dry red chillies.
- Add shallots and green chillies, crushed pepper and saute for a minute.
- Add the grated coconut and stir for a minute until all water content has gone.
- Next add cauliflower florets, turmeric powder and salt and keep on a low flame covered until cooked.
- Finally add 2-3 pinches of crushed pepper. Mix everything well.
Recipe Courtesy – Mrs. K.M. Mathews