Ingredients for Cauliflower (Gobi) Mezhukkupuratti/ Cauliflower stir fry
- Cauliflower – half of a medium sized one
- Onion -1 medium sliced
- Ginger garlic crushed -1 tspn
- One green chilly crushed
- Turmeric pwdr – 1/4 tspn
- Red chilly powder – 2 tspn (according to your spice tolerence)
- Curry leaves – 1 spring
- Oil- 1 tbspn
- Cut the cauliflower florets into small pieces.
- Add oil to a heavy bottomed pan
- Now add the crushed ginger garlic and green chilly
- When the raw smell is gone, add the onions and fry until golden brown
- Now bring down the heat and add the spice powders, turmeric powder and chilly powder, mix well for half a minute, take care not to burn the chilly powder. Add the cut cauliflower florets. Cook it in low flame until it is dry and the cauliflower pieces are coated with the masala. This cauliflower stir fry can be had with rice, rotis etc.
Before cooking cauliflower, put the cauliflower florets first in salted hot water for 2 mins and then immediately in ice cold water for 2 mins and then drain the water.This method is called blanching.