- Cabbage – 1 small chopped
- Grated coconut – half cup
- Ginger – 1 tspn chopped
- Green chillies – 2 nos chopped
- Mustard seeds – half tspn
- Curry leaves – 1 spring
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tspn + a pinch
- Oil – 1 tblspn
- Salt as required
- Take a kadai, add oil. When the oil is hot, splutter mustard seeds followed by ginger , green chilly and curry leaves. Once the raw smell of ginger leaves add grated coconut with a pinch of turmeric powder. Saute for a minute and remove to another dish and set aside.
- In the same kadai add the chopped cabbage along with salt and turmeric powder and saute until cooked. Water content oozes out from cabbage and then it becomes dry and cooked. At this stage add the coconut mixture to it and mix everything all together.
- We are keeping the coconut mixture aside so as to retain its crispiness.