- French beans – 500 gms chopped
- Carrots – 3 chopped
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tspn
- Shallots – 7-9 sliced (or half of an onion chopped fine)
- Curry leaves – 1 spring
- Red chilly flakes – 2 tspn
- Grated coconut – 1/2 cup
- Oil – 1 tblspn
- Salt as required
- Cook beans and carrots adding half cup water, turmeric powder and salt. Cook covered on a low flame for 10 minutes. Open the lid and cook until all water content has evaporated.
- Take a pan and add oil. Once oil is hot, add shallots and curry leave. When shallots have turned golden brown, add red chilly flakes and saute for half a minute on low flame, take care not to burn the chilly flakes. Add grated coconut and saute for a minute until dry next add the cooked beans and carrots and mix well. Keep on a low flame for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.